Sunday 29 September 2019

Our Living Room | First Home Journey



As mentioned before I've recently moved out (stress over) So i'm really excited to start showing everyone what I've been working so hard on doing the place up and decorating with all my favourite things!

A little back story to begin with :

We brought a new build home with persimmons, it's a morden home, two beds all open planned downstairs with that all important south facing garden!
We are so so impressed with our home quality considering we had heard a couple of scary things online about persimmon homes, so far so good with our home. Just the few minor paint touch ups with our snag list and next doors fence needing doing when we moved in meaning they did all our turf for us, I was very happy about this. 
Me and Liam did all our flooring ourselves except the carpet upstairs we paid persimmons to do that for us, downstairs being all open planned we went with a lovely grey laminate to really open the place up to our back doors to our front door.
Because I am so excited to show you the whole home but have spent so much time decorating every single detail I probably couldn't fit all into one post SO i've decided to do each room their own well deserved post. That way I can really get all my favourite details here and go into detail where everything is from etc etc. 

Lets jump straight into my first home post starting off with my favourite room in the house : The Living Room !

Also I've created a Instagram account for my home and interior design ideas:
@livinginno.28




If you follow me on other social media you would know I actually won my stunning pink sofa on instagram through In The Style & Arighi Bianchi which honestly so amazing, I am still so grateful everyone that comes round instantly sees my unusual pink sofa! I then paired the sofa with it's cute little gold coloured legs and grey cushions on top, which of corse means the colour theme for downstairs is grey, white and pink ! 
I then brought my ikea tv unit second hand of facebay which was such a bargain just need a little re spray on the top and with all the storage inside it's perfect for a little home.
Of corse I have put my many plants around for decoration along with some feature pieces like my little light up pumpkins that you can see pictured. 
I then purchased my white and black printed rug, which I had seen many like all over instagram, from wayfair. One thing about moving out into your own home is that I've really calmed down on buying clothes and really upped my home interior browsing and follow so so so many home instagram accounts now. 
Then i've got my much needed two grey pouffes in the living room for extra seating & my white top with rose gold legged coffee table which I actually sprayed myself to match! 
To top it off we brought the classic opening up star wars looking ceiling light from ikea but we actually brought it second hand off facebook again.

Enjoy the photos and if you have any questions at all please comment or send me a message I'd love to talk homely things with you all. Next time I'll write about another area of the house but also love to do a how to buy your own post to! Let me know what you all think :) 

( I'll link everything below)






 



Links For Items & Furniture



Rug - Wayfair

Ceiling Light - Ikea

Stools - Aldi Special Buy (won't be able to get anymore)

Tv Unit - Ikea 


Share:

2 comments

© Alice Louise | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig